Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pagan Angel and a Borrowed Car

It's been an odd and busy week. Sunday night I went to see North Face, which was really rather good, if a little bleak for watching on my own. 
After a long story that I can't be bothered to re-type, I ended up with James (who missed his coach to London), Keiran and a beer. Which turned into more beer and the Superbowl at Keiran's.
Apologies for all the BlackBerry photos in this post. I know how bad the quality is.
Due to Superbowl-induced excitement, we'd completely not noticed it snowing. This was at about 4am, after two snowball fights with people we didn't know and a failed snowman.
The city centre was SILENT.
It's safe to say we were loving it. We didn't even notice what time it was, and we were sober by this point.

We had a wander down to the Market Square, which looked nice, but was a bit of an anticlimax.

Still fun though.
It's dark on the walk back to James' place.
The next day, after James caught his train back south, me and Keiran decided to get some proper photos. 
In the Park tunnel.




My feet were absolutely freezing.
We were plenty wrapped-up though.

The Park looks pretty at the best of times, but the snow really brought it out.




Trees.

Storybook houses.

We then met up with Natalie, Hudson and Bridie (for a little bit). This was right before we decided to go sledging on a baking tray. I didn't get any photos, but it was pretty awesome.
Then we built a snowman/snowdog.
It was getting dark and far too cold by this point, so we relocated for beer and food.
This was friday, on the train to London. Nottingham was pretty thawed-out, but a few miles out it was crazy.
Friday afternoon me and James took a trip to wet and windy Fulham, where we sat in the football club suite and ate posh food whilst drinking FAR too much wine and being filmed by ITV. They weren't happy with me taking photos there, so you'll just have to be satisfied with the photos after we'd done.
This is Lizzie. She has an amazing food blog which you should visit. Well done getting your hand in the way there, Nicholas.
And this is Kang, who has an awesome website which you should visit when you've read through Lizzie's blog.
So, we (just me and James now) went to Camden, where none other than Mr. Andy Clayton was waiting for us. By the time this was taken, I was becoming quite drunk. I believe this to be Camden Town, at the start of a failed trip to the Scala.
The only photo of Andy was blurred. Sorry, Andy.
James was equally as thrashed as me.
Saturday, there were no photos, which is probably for the best. This is sunday afternoon, on the train back. BlackBerry pictures again.
You can't really tell on here, but the hedgerows/fields looked beautiful. 
This was today. Today was a beetroot-craving day. No, I'm not pregnant.
But obviously I can't just sit and eat beetroot. That's why (thanks to Lizzie's awesome recipe skills) I made chocolate and beetroot brownies! Although they look a bit rough here...
...they came out amazing!

My redscale film's fully shot now, so I should have that developed and posted in a few days. I've got a couple of medium format rolls to get done too, so maybe they'll all appear together.
Back to the busy times!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you Nicholas, and thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beetroot brownies?! how does that work?
    Nice snow picatures x

    ReplyDelete